Monday, August 13, 2012

Returning Bottle Deposits

Can you think of a more disgusting job than retuning bottle deposits besides bringing garbage to the land fill?  I can't!  Ok, maybe cleaning up public bathrooms.  Those are probably the top three most disgusting jobs.  I almost feel like it's not worth the five cents per bottle to go through all of the trouble.  I had a large cart full of deposits today.  This was the most returns I have ever had in one sitting.  $8.40 worth of returns.  I know, most people have a ton more than that, like everyone at the store today!  I got there and there were three other people retuning bottles.  All of them had ridiculously full carts filled with cans and bottles.  There was no room for me.  I squeezed in to try to return the glass bottles.  As soon as I put one bottle in, the bin was full.  The moment I tried to put it in the other glass machine, that one was being emptied, too. I had to wait 5 minutes for that to get cleared up.  I couldn't deposit plastic or cans while waiting because they were taken.  The store wouldn't take a specific brand of glass even though they sell those bottles!  I finally get to plastics and the same thing happens!  I put a few in and then the bin is full.  By the time I finish depositing everything, I have several slips with small amounts on all of them because of the bins being full.  Overall, it took me 45 minutes from start to finish!  I had to wait in line forever in customer service, too.  The rest of the day wasn't too much better.  Everything else seemed to be going wrong.  Once again, I didn't write any chapters in my book today.  I really really want to finish it before the cruise so that I can extreme edit it when I return.  It doesn't look like I will finish, though.  I have too many other distractions.  The bright side of today was booking an excursion for when we go to Grand Cayman.  I need this vacation ASAP because I need to get away from the people in my life for five days (besides the friend I'm going with, of course)!  Thank God I will be overseas and will not be able to use my cell phone.  That will be one of the highlights of my trip.  No text messages and distractions from my mandatory relaxation time!

No comments:

Post a Comment