Monday, June 23, 2014

4th Grade Math

I was wrong when I said I'd be teaching 4th grade ELA. I found out today that I'll be teaching 4th grade math next school year. I think it will be easier to teach than ELA. It is much less subjective. It's either right or it's wrong. It'd be hard to teach reading comprehension in ELA. Math is easier even with many ways to arrive at the answer. There are 4 fourth grade teachers. Two will teach ELA and 2 will teach math. I will have 2 90 minute classes of math to teach. The rest of the day, I will keep my homeroom and teach them writing, science, and social studies. I visited my new principal today and he gave me a ton of resources for math. I have the exact curriculum I need to teach and I have a sample EOG test. EOG means end of grade. It's North Carolina's state test that they will evaluate the students and I on. I am very excited to start my new position!

No comments:

Post a Comment