Saturday, June 7, 2014

Hills

The start of my 5K today was a huge hill! I was tired as soon as we started. That's where training on the treadmill has hurt me. Then it went downhill. Then we had to turn around and run up a smaller hill. That was at about the 2 mile mark. I was crawling by then. I kept my feet moving as if I was running but I was probably going as fast as a slow walk. Then the race finished with a nice downhill stretch. That was the downhill road that was the hill we started on. I finished strong and got a time of 25:10. I finished 16th out of about 175. I got 2nd in my age group, which was 19-29. It's typically 25-29, so that was good. One of the top 3 overall male finishers was in my age group, so technically I got 3rd in my age group, but I'll take it. It was also a hot morning. I was drenched by the time the race was over. I'm probably going to sign up for a July 4th 4 mile run. That will be the longest race I have ever run. I better start training for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment