Sunday, June 15, 2014

Best Spot

They told us workers that we would have the same spot each time we worked to make it easier. Nope. Today, my friend and I get to Pinehurst for our shift for round 4 and they said we are going to the clubhouse. We looked at each other and had faces like we were kids on Christmas morning. The clubhouse is where the players go and very few spectators are allowed there. They put me just behind the 18th green where I had a perfect view of the green, the practice green, and the tee box at hole 1. My job was to make sure no one without proper credentials got past me. I had a rope to block people. I worked longer than 5-1 today. I worked until 3:30 and was able to see every single group tee off at 1. I saw several come in at 18 as well. When we finished our shift, we went to the grandstand seats at 18 and watched 14 groups come in, including the champion, Martin Kaymer. The experience we had was absolutely amazing and I am so lucky to have had the opportunity to work at and watch the U. S. Open!

No comments:

Post a Comment