Saturday, June 21, 2014

Amazon Credit Card

I have had an Amazon credit card for 4 or 5 years now. I switched over from my other credit card company for one simple reason, my former company wanted to charge me an annual fee to have my card. No thank you! The Amazon card is great because you get points for each purchase. You get double points for purchases at gas stations and restaurants and triple points for amazon.com purchases. 2,500 points gets you a $25 gift card of your choice. They have a wide variety of gift cards to choose from. I got an Applebee's gift card with my points about a month before I moved. Shortly after, I saw that I could have saved my points to get a $200 Carnival Cruise gift card! I need 20,000 points for that. I currently have just over 11,000 points. If I hadn't redeemed my points for the Applebee's gift card, I would have had over 13,500 points. Either way, with the amount of money I spend on my credit card each month, I should have that Carnival gift card by the end of the year. I could use my credit card for rent, that would help significantly. However, there's a $17 charge to use my card for that. Are you kidding me? I'll pay rent from my checking account for free, thanks. My two pieces of advice to you are to find a credit card for a store you like, and don't spend more money than you have. Pay your monthly credit card bill back in full to avoid ridiculous interest charges.

No comments:

Post a Comment