Monday, June 9, 2014

Practice Round

The U. S. Open golf championships for both men and women are at Pinehurst #2 in Pinehurst, North Carolina this week and next. That's only about 45 minutes from me. About a month ago, my principal emailed us with a volunteering opportunity for this event. My friend and I were looking at going over the weekend, but it was $150 a ticket. We looked into this volunteering and we have to volunteer for 3 days and then we can watch golf the rest of the day for free. Naturally we did not turn it down. We decided to work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Unfortunately we have to work 5AM-1PM each day, but the big name golfers and leaders will tee off well after 1. This group also offered us free tickets for any other day we wanted to go. My friend and I decided to play hooky today and go watch golf. There were some very big name golfers there. However, some of the biggest names like Rory McIlroy, Phil Mickelson, Adam Scott, and Sergio Garcia did not play today. I got autographs from Jason Day, Brandt Snedeker, and Aaron Baddeley. That was the highlight of my day. We watched about 8 hours of golf on this hot day. I also spent way too much money on souvenirs. Oh well, It was a ton of fun and I can't wait until Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment