Thursday, June 5, 2014

Mailing Members

Well I either just got scammed or I have the opportunity to make some decent money. I grabbed one of those free magazines that my county puts out. I was looking at the classifieds and found a small ad for something called Mailing Members. I checked their website and they advertise that I can make up to $1,000 a week by mailing brochures. I read the entire website and supposedly they are going to send me all of the materials and directions on how to send the brochures and I'll get paid $4 per brochure before I even send it. I had to pay $23 so that they knew I was serious and so that they could mail me the materials. I looked at a handful of reviews for the website and every person said that they have made money off of the website so far. I should get my first kit in 7 business days. It sounds too good to be true and way too easy. I'm guessing that it will take a lot of time to prepare each brochure. If this turns out to be legit, then I have found my summer job that I can do from home on my own time. If not, then I wasted $23 and fell for a scam and I will look like an idiot for posting this publicly. We will see what happens...

9 comments:

  1. Unfortunately it isn't legit. I asked for a refund and I emailed and called several times and they kept saying they refunded my account and they never did. Unfortunately I fell for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this is not legit? You never receivd anything from them after signing up? No contact at all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received the paper work to try to sell to people. I tried doing exactly what they suggested and got no responses. Then I emailed the company several times asking for a refund. I received several responses saying they credited my credit card when in fact they did not. I gave up on the issue...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So what did the whole experience consist of? You post is pretty vague as to how the whole thing played out. I'm actually thinking about trying it and all I can find is great reviews. You are the first person I have seen that says it is a scam so the more info I can get the better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your post! I ALMOST fell for it because of all the positive reviews it had. I became more concerned when I started searching for the terms & conditions, and their contact information. After I saw how vague their information was I decided to keep searching, and voilĂ , I found your post! So I truly thank you! I wish more people would have the courage to provide honest reviews on scams like these. There is nothing worse than taking advantage of the desperate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow thanks. Once I saw it cost to get a job I wasn't sure anymore and I also so plenty positive reviews but alot of them were done on the same day, same time or sane month so that was weird. Also some sites after giving they review told me to read the full review on mailingmembers.com that was bs too y wud I want to read a review on their website obviously they wrote it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So what exactly do they ask you to do when you get their instructions back?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So what exactly do they ask you to do when you get their instructions back?

    ReplyDelete