Thursday, February 14, 2013

Analyzing the Stats

I offered book 2 for free yesterday and Tuesday.  I have read that offering more than one book free at a time isn't good.  I decided that I would offer book 2 for free because it has sold far less copies than book one.  Then I realized that if people get book 2 for free, they would realize that they have to buy book one.  I guess there was a method to my madness.  I chose to offer my book for free on Tuesday and Wednesday because new books come out on Amazon on Tuesdays.  Not all books do, but a lot come out that day.  In December, when book 2 was free for 3 days in a row, I sold 263 copies in the US and 39 in the UK for a total of 302 books.  These past two days, I sold 504 in the US, 38 in the UK, 5 in Germany, 1 in France, 1 in Spain, 1 in Italy, 13 in Japan, and 5 in Canada for a grand total of 568 books!  I am blown away with how many books sold!  I made it all the way to ranked 841st in overall free books.  I got to 20th in the Children's Fiction Literature category!  The best stat in my opinion is that 10-12 people have bought book 1 in the last two days.  I am almost certain that that is a direct result from having book 2 on sale for free.  I am so proud of how my books are selling and I look forward to continued success!

No comments:

Post a Comment