Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I Can't

That's a phrase that I can't stand in school.  There are many times that kids tell me they can't do something in the computer lab.  This happens a lot during homework club, too.  I tell them that the words, "I can't" aren't in my vocabulary and that they need to put in the effort to figure out the problem.  I am a very strong believer that if you put 100% into something and really want to do it, you can do it.  That goes for school, too.  If kids put in the effort to do their work, they can be very successful.  They want us to baby them around and I will have none of that.  I always have kids asking me to do something for them.  If I do it for them, they won't learn how to do it themselves.  I do the best that I can to teach kids independence at a young age.  If they don't have it, they are in for a rude awakening as they get older.

No comments:

Post a Comment