Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Big Game

The big game is finally here.  Apparently when companies and stores are advertising for the Super Bowl, they are not allowed to say the Super Bowl.  They have to say "The Big Game".  I have no idea why that is.  However, this year, I have noticed that places have been advertising for the Super Bowl and not the big game.  I have no idea what the rules are and why.  Oh well.  I always get excited about the Super Bowl.  I'm not sure why.  It's the last game of the season.  That stinks.  My team hasn't been in the Super Bowl since 1996 when I was 8 years old.  The Dallas Cowboys won the Super Bowl in 1993, 1994, and 1996 while I was alive.  That means I was 5, 6, and 8 years old.  People still call me a front runner for being a Cowboys fan.  Was I a front runner back then?  Probably.  I probably was a fan of the Cowboys because that's when I started watching football and they were winning.  I am still a Cowboys fan even though they have won one playoff game since 1996.  That's right.  They have only won one playoff game in 17 years!  They have only made the playoffs 7 times since 1996.  That's pathetic.  Therefore, I am most definitely not a front runner.  People have asked me why I don't change teams.  You don't just change teams that you root for.  You can't do that.  Anyway, if the Cowboys ever make it to a Super Bowl again, I can't imagine how excited I would be!  In tonight's game, I guarantee you that J. Harbaugh's team is going to win (Jim Harbaugh is the coach of the San Francisco 49ers playing his brother who is John Harbaugh, the coach of the Baltimore Ravens).  My prediction is the Ravens over the 49ers 27-24. 

No comments:

Post a Comment