Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Cruises

Now we are back to me talking about the vacations I have been on. I also want to say that during my Atlantic City trip, I didn't worry about money once, even after I was down $100 gambling after the first day! Yay for meeting one of my resolutions! On to cruises... I have been lucky enough to have gone on 4 cruises so far. I am booking my 5th one tomorrow! My mom has gotten me addicted to cruises. She is only going on her 10th one in May. My first cruise was in August 2000 when I was 13. We traveled on the Carnival Fantasy for a 4 day trip and went to Freeport and Nassau in the Bahamas. I remember we never got off the ship at Freeport. It was pouring rain the entire time. I walked extensively around the ship that day to kill time. In Nassau, we went to a beach and relaxed all day. They had midnight buffets every night. I think I only missed the buffet the first night. They have since done away with midnight buffets because it is more of a waste of food than other buffets. My second cruise was during April 2003. We took the Carnival Fascination on a 4 day trip to Key West and Cozumel. I was 15 and a sophomore in high school. I believe we just walked around Key West and I know we went on a beach in Cozumel. I swam with the fish and had snorkeling gear. I swam quite a ways out to a platform in the ocean and then of course back to land. On the last day at sea, I went down the slide in the pool and felt something sharp on my foot. I got out of the water and saw a huge cut on my foot. There was a broken tile in the pool. They closed the pool the rest of the day to fix the tile. On a hot day, the pool was closed because of me! No one was happy! My 3rd cruise was in January 2011. It was my grad school graduation present. We took the Carnival Freedom for 6 days and went to Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios in Jamaica. Again in Key West, we walked around. In Grand Cayman, we did a sting ray/beach excursion. I got to swim with and touch the sting rays. In Jamaica, we did a tour where we climbed up Dunn River Falls. You would climb up rocks while a waterfall was cascading down the rocks. That was the most adventurous and amazing excursion I have ever taken in my life! I would do it again in a heartbeat. My most recent cruise was August 2012. It was a 5 day cruise on the Carnival Paradise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We did beach excursions at both places. There's just something about cruises that are amazing to me. Looking all around and seeing nothing but water is such a relaxing feeling for me. My smile pretty much never leaves my face while I'm on a boat. The cruise I'm booking tomorrow is a 7 day cruise on the Carnival Pride going to Freeport, Nassau, and Port Canaveral. I've been to Nassau and Freeport before. I've left out of Port Canaveral. Who cares? As long as I'm on a boat and in the ocean, I couldn't care less where I go. I can't wait for August 18th and my 5th cruise! If you have never been on a cruise, I highly recommend one! They are the best bang for your buck.

*****IMPORTANT NOTE*****

I will be changing the URL of this blog soon.  I will do this at around 12PM on Friday, March 1st. I will be posting this message every time I write in my blog until March as a reminder. Since my current blog website has a very long URL, I am changing it to: shanepacelli.blogspot.com.  I believe when I do that, all of my previous blog posts will be listed. Thanks for your understanding and I look forward to your continued support!

No comments:

Post a Comment