Saturday, February 2, 2013

One Month into 2013

This post is one day late, I know.  This is a reflection to see how I am doing so far with my
resolutions.


-I will publish book #3 by continuing to work on it more often than I did last year.  
I am almost done with the book.  My goal is to finish writing it tomorrow.

-I will get a teaching job by applying, applying, applying, and more applying.
I applied for one elementary job a week ago.  The deadline for applications was yesterday.  There have been no other postings yet.

-I will eat smaller portions at dinner and fewer desserts at night by exercising serious will power and having less junk in the house. 
That has not been going well so far.  I have been bringing less food for lunch at work.  I have been trying to eat less dessert.  11 more months to make this happen.

-I will be more productive at night after work by reading and writing more instead of sitting at the computer and/or watching TV.
This week was a fail in that department.  However, earlier this month, I did a lot of reading and writing.

-I will go to the gym more than two times a week.  No more excuses!
I have been doing very well with this.  I worked out 4 times this week and 4 last week.

-I will be more positive about my future and stop saying, “I’ll have a teaching job 10 years from now.”
I have been slightly better with this, but it is still something I am working on.

-I will go on all three vacations I have in mind and not worry about how much they will cost.  Worry about how much fun they will be!
I will be going on my first vacation in a little over 2 weeks.  I am already worrying about the money.  This resolution is very hard for me.  I always worry about money!

-I will put X dollars into my retirement fund by budgeting the money I make.
I won't put those X dollars into retirement until I have X in my bank account.  I am still working on getting X amount in my bank account.  I'm thinking it will be there by the end of March.

-I will find a publisher to take my book(s) by continuing to send out query letters.
I just bought 2013 Writer's Market.  It's another book listing publishers and literary agents.  I plan to send query letters out for my grocery store book this month.

-I will pay it forward to less fortunate people instead of buying myself something I do not need.
I have donated clothes, donated money in the name of my friend that died, donated to the heart association, and went out to dinner where 15% of the money went to a specific fund.  I am proud of what I have done with helping people out so far this year!

Overall, I have gotten off to a pretty good start to the year with my resolutions.  There is definitely room for improvement.  I take things one day at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment