Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Cedar Point

In July 2011, I went to Cedar Point amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio with a few friends.  It is one of the best amusement parks in the world.  I'm not just saying that either.  I believe it has been voted that way for many years in a row.  Although it was over a 9 hour drive there, it was definitely worth it.  We spent two days going on huge, fast roller coasters and other trilling rides.  I felt like a kid giddy with excitement as we went on each roller coaster.  It also happened to be two of the hottest days in the summer.  We didn't go to the water park though.  The water park was so small that we didn't think it was worth it.  I believe there are 12 roller coasters at Cedar Point.  My friend and I were in line for one.  There were no people ahead of us.  Unfortunately, a passenger in the previous coaster hit his nose on the front and was bleeding profusely.  He refused to leave the coaster for a long time.  He eventually did, but they had to clean it up.  We waited half an hour for nothing and then turned around and left.  We didn't get to ride on it.  While waiting in line for a different roller coaster, we saw another coaster get stuck.  People were stuck at the top, not upside down for about an hour.  By the time we got off the one coaster, the one people were stuck on was finally moving.  We immediately jumped in line for that one since there was no wait.  They are currently building another roller coaster that is opening in May.  It looks absolutely insane.  It's called the GateKeeper.  I can't wait to go on the new roller coaster!  I can't go to the Great Escape anymore because it is pretty lame compared to Cedar Point.  My friends and I are planning another trip there this summer.  I can't wait!  Check out a virtual view of the GateKeeper below.


No comments:

Post a Comment