Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Washington D. C.

I have been to Washington D. C. three times that I can remember. I went with my family when I was pretty young. We visited my aunt, uncle, and cousins in Virginia. It was around Easter time. We were going to do an Easter egg hunt on the White House lawn, but it was too crowded. I remember them throwing pogs into the crowd and me scooping up many of them. That's right, it was so long ago that pogs were popular! If you don't remember pogs, then I am definitely dating myself. My second time was the summer in between 8th and 9th grade. The 8th graders were offered a field trip there. Only about 25 of us went. Since I am adventurous and love trips, I jumped all over the opportunity. It was very expensive but worth it. It was a three day trip. We did all the usual site seeing that you do in D. C. I distinctly remember watching The Weakest Link while we were there. Earlier that day, we went to Ford's Theater where Lincoln was shot. On The Weakest Link, the lady asked, "Where was Lincoln shot?" Everyone in my room shouted Ford's Theater. What a coincidence. The third time I went to D. C. was in May 2010 to visit my friend. We saw the Washington Nationals lose to the Florida Marlins the first night I was in town. We did the Smithsonian of science and history. We did a whole lot of walking around the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Arlington Park, the Capital building, and the Zoo. I was never bored while there visiting my friend. D. C. is an amazing city with so much history! That is another place that I could go very often and never get bored. I think I'm definitely due another trip to visit my friend anyway. Maybe next year. I have enough going on this year. I just booked my cruise! August 18th can't come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment