Monday, February 25, 2013

Macaroni and Cheese Bowl

I can't believe I haven't told you about this before today! Last Saturday February 16, my friends and I went to the Macaroni and Cheese Bowl at a hotel. What's a Macaroni and Cheese bowl? you ask. It's only single-handedly the best event ever known to man! It's an event where 30 local restaurants come together and show off their mac and cheese. Thousands of people were at this event. We got to sample some mac and cheese from all of the vendors. Each place only gave you a very small cup worth of mac and cheese. Let me tell you something. That was more than enough when you are eating 30 different mac and cheeses! I love pulled pork, but not in my mac and cheese. A few vendors did that. Many put bacon in their mac and cheese. How can you go wrong there? I ate so much that I went home and took a nap. I could barely move. Luckily this event is only once a year or I'd probably die! It's truly amazing what restaurants do to make their mac and cheese vastly different than any other place. I sampled buffalo chicken mac and cheese, mac and cheese with pork in it, bacon, a taco mac and cheese, one with guacamole (gross), one where I put my own ingredients in (I could have put seaweed in it...no thanks), and just pure deliciousness the entire day. If you love mac and cheese, then I highly recommend you go to this event next February. I know I'll be there (which is even more incentive to go)!

*****IMPORTANT NOTE*****

I will be changing the URL of this blog soon.  I will do this at around 12PM on Friday, March 1st. I will be posting this message every time I write in my blog until March as a reminder. Since my current blog website has a very long URL, I am changing it to: shanepacelli.blogspot.com.  I believe when I do that, all of my previous blog posts will be listed. Thanks for your understanding and I look forward to your continued support!

No comments:

Post a Comment