Sunday, February 17, 2013

Nervous

I just received the final proof back for the hard copy book.  I approved it, which was the final step in the process.  Amazon said it would take 5-7 business days before the book is available for purchase.  If it's anything like my last book, it will be on sale tomorrow.  I was also able to do the formatting for the kindle version myself.  That should go up very quickly too.  I'm nervous.  I feel more nervous than excitement about this book.  I'm nervous that my bosses will find out.  I'm nervous that people will want to jump down my throat with some of the don'ts I listed.  I shouldn't be nervous about my bosses finding out.  I am 100% positive that I didn't mention the store I work at.  I don't know what it is that's getting me overly nervous.  I think my book is meant to be funny.  However, I know that at times I come across as harsh.  I think I'm so nervous because my mom saw a few of my don'ts yesterday and disagrees with a lot of them.   I know several friends that plan on buying the book.  I am interested in hearing their honest opinions.  They will probably agree with a lot of them because they work at the store too.  As an author, I need to have a thick skin for criticism.  I have gotten many rejections from publishers so far for my other two books.  That hasn't phased me too much.  However, when someone says something negative about my books to my face, it upsets me.  It can't upset me.  I know not everyone is going to love the books I write.  I will never claim to be a great writer.  I just wanted to put my thoughts as a cashier at a grocery store into a book.  I'm not expecting it to sell as well as my two children's books.  Of course it took about 4-5 months for my kids books to start selling really well.  I can't take back the book now that it's published to the world.  We will see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment