Thursday, January 2, 2014

Begin...The Rest is Easy

The day after I told my staff at the school that I was leaving, I was in the faculty room. One of the teachers gave me a fortune cookie. The cookie was unopened. I opened it up and read the fortune inside. We all know that the fortunes in fortune cookies are ridiculous. However, sometimes they relate to your life. Some people come into my dad's store and play the numbers on the back of the fortune. Strange, but whatever. Any number you play isn't going to come out anyway. I opened the fortune and it said, "Begin...the rest is easy." How perfect is that? I know I'm a fiction writer, but I can't make that up. I am very excited for the move to be over with. It's stressful making sure I find a place to live, everything gets switched over to my new address, I get all of the furniture I want, etc. etc. etc. I'll be much happier once I'm settled into my new place in North Carolina and  have a routine at the school. Life will be good. So I am about to begin my new journey. The rest will be easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment