Sunday, January 26, 2014

Inexpensive Furniture

There are many pros and cons to buying inexpensive furniture. I bought my dining room set, couch, bed, 2 dressers, a night stand, and a recliner that I unfortunately won't get until the end of April, from a furniture store. I bought a desk yesterday and a coffee table today from Wal Mart. I looked at coffee tables that were as much as $900. I don't think so! I bought a black one today (to match the rest of my furniture besides my couch) for just $20! The problem with that and the desk was that I had to put them together by myself. It took me 3 hours to put the desk together yesterday and 1 hour to put the table together today! It sometimes takes me a long time to figure out what the directions are saying even though they have pictures. That's why it takes me so long. My mom and I were up until midnight Tuesday night trying to put the TV stand together. We gave up and finished the next day. Cheap furniture does the job, but it requires lots of assembly. Furniture from a real furniture store will cost a lot more, but someone else will deliver it and put it together for you. Although I hated putting my desk and table together, I definitely made the right choice and saved a lot of money by buying them from Wal Mart and putting them together myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment