Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Review of Last Years' Resolutions

I know I talked about some of my resolutions yesterday. Today I'll discuss in more detail if I reached the 10 resolutions I made in 2013. I felt like I made these a few short days ago. Time sure does fly.

-I will publish book #3 by continuing to work on it more often than I did last year.
I published that in February.
-I will get a teaching job by applying, applying, applying, and more applying.
As you are well aware of, I finally got that teaching job. I waited until December 11 to get it. I applied a lot more often than I did in 2012 and went to several job fairs. I really fought for this job!
-I will eat smaller portions at dinner and fewer desserts at night by exercising serious will power and having less junk in the house. 
Not going to lie. This absolutely did not happen. I did not eat smaller portions and I did not eat fewer desserts. I can't help it. I love food!
-I will be more productive at night after work by reading and writing more instead of sitting at the computer and/or watching TV.
At times I was good and at other times I was not. My most productive month was November because of NaNoWriMo.
-I will go to the gym more than two times a week.  No more excuses!
As I said yesterday, besides the summer, I was really good with this. I hope that where I live in North Carolina has a gym so that I can continue my routine there.
-I will be more positive about my future and stop saying, “I’ll have a teaching job 10 years from now” sarcastically.
For the most part I did better with this, but I still had my negative comments.
-I will go on all three vacations I have in mind and not worry about how much they will cost.  I will worry about how much fun they will be!
I went on two of the three vacations and didn't worry too much about the money. As you know, I also went to North Carolina in June to look for a job and to North Carolina spontaneously on December 11.
-I will put X dollars into my retirement fund by budgeting the money I make. ( I know what the X amount is.  I just don't want to reveal that amount in public).
I put that money in retirement in I think March. I hope to add the same amount this year. It might be more challenging to do though because I will now have a lot more expenses that I didn't have in 2013.
-I will find a publisher to take my book(s) by continuing to send out query letters.
I didn't work on query letters at all. Finding a publisher is harder than finding a teaching job. I'm selling my books very well and am completely content with being self-published.
-I will pay it forward to less fortunate people instead of buying myself something I do not need.
I was good at this at the beginning of the year and then I kind of just stopped. Shame on me!
 
This year, I just plan to make good choices, whatever they may be. I know that that is very general. I really don't have any or want any resolutions this year. I'm going to live my life one day at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment