Friday, January 10, 2014

Success

I went to North Carolina on Monday and Tuesday. The goal was to find a place to live, buy furniture, and open a bank account. I did a lot of online research for apartments, townhouses, and condos before hand. I decided that an townhouse or condo would be best for me because I could get so much more for the exact same price as an apartment. I made appointments to see three different places. My mom and I thought I was going to get the first place. Then we walked inside. The carpet was ripped up, paint was peeling, there was a screen missing from a window, the place was disgusting. We went to the 2nd place and it was pretty decent. We waited for someone to meet us for the 3rd place and no one showed up. there was some sort of miscommunication somewhere. Needless to say, we weren't happy. I ended up with place two and got my rent lowered a little bit because of some minor issues in the place. I then bought a dining room table, bed, two dressers, a night stand, love seat, and a chair. I unfortunately won't get the most comfortable chair ever until the end of April because it was sold out. Oh well. I also signed up for a new bank. We were definitely successful in the very short time we were there. Now it's time to change my address for everything and change many other things before I move down south!

No comments:

Post a Comment