Saturday, January 4, 2014

Computer Dead

My mom bought the newest Macbook Pro 2 months ago. Today, it wouldn't turn on. It was plugged in with the green light saying that it was charged. I'm a computer aide, yet my mom is much better with computers than I am. I am positive she wasn't doing anything wrong or missing something. She went to the Apple Store today and apparently the motherboard just stopped working. That's why I always tell my students to save their work all of the time while typing because you never know when something could happen and all of your work is gone. I got to thinking, what if that happened to me? I have my book on the computer. I also have it on a flash drive and an external hard drive. By the way, none of my mom's work will be lost. They aren't touching the hard drive. That's a good thing. However, if that happened to my computer and I didn't have my book on a flash drive or external hard drive, I'd be devastated. My months of hard work would have gone down the drain. That's why it's important to have back up of the backup of the backup to the backup by the backup. But seriously, it's important to back up documents and other things that you know you will need again because you never know when your computer won't turn on!

No comments:

Post a Comment