Friday, June 15, 2012

Last full day of school

It didn't even register with me that today was the last full day of school until about half way through the day.  Monday we get out 45 minutes early.  I have no idea what the point of that is.  Tuesday through Thursday we have half days.  That means the kids leave after half a day but the teachers stay all day.  We also got our yearbooks today!  I was the ONLY teacher to buy one...strange.  I don't care, I wanted one and the quality and the pictures in this years book are incredible!  I had a long talk with my principal today.  I love how we can talk about people without saying their names and know exactly who we are talking about.  That was funny.  Then she basically said I'm in trouble without a literacy degree.  She also said I'm better off leaving the district to find a teaching job.  Sigh, not a day goes by that I don't talk to someone about my job search.  It was a great talk, though.  My principal is an amazing woman!  I then went to a restaurant with a few teachers and some parents to get together a few months after we all worked on the 6th grade play.  It was a good day.  Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment