Friday, February 21, 2014

Bad Teacher

I just finished watching the movie Bad Teacher. I also saw it in theaters when it came out in June 2011. My book, The Teacher That Didn't Teach came out a month later. I promise you I did not copy my book off of the movie. It's fairly similar. In the movie, Cameron Diaz is the bad teacher in a middle school. She shows movies all day. About halfway through the year, she learns that if her classes get the highest scores on the state tests, she will get a large money bonus. She started teaching and her class got the best scores. Of course there are a few facts that are different but my book and the movie are eerily similar. I remember back in 2011 seeing the previews for the movie and immediately thinking that it was similar to my book. Once I hit it big, I hope no one accuses me of stealing the idea! I think Bad Teacher got the idea from me. Haha, right!

No comments:

Post a Comment