Saturday, February 8, 2014

Spontaneity

I am rarely a person who is spontaneous. I am normally not predictable. Then again, no one, not even myself, expected me to apply for a job in North Carolina, fly down two days after the principal contacted me, and then take the job. Ever since then, I've decided to be as adventurous as possible. Billy Joel is coming to Raleigh, NC tomorrow (tonight since it's already Sunday). Today, I looked at prices for the concert. I was shocked there were still seats available since he sells out shows at MSG in under 5 minutes. The price I paid even after the garbage fees was well under $100. My friend and I decided to buy the tickets. It's about an hour and 15 minutes from me. The show starts at 8. I won't be home until very late and then I have to get up early for work Monday morning. That will not be fun, but it will be worth it because Billy Joel is one of the best artists of all time. Then another friend messaged me on Facebook at 11 tonight to see if I wanted to meet her and some friends at the bar. Normally I wouldn't have gone. Again, I decided to be adventurous and go. Being spontaneous is fun. It takes away from the predictable routine that I typically live.

No comments:

Post a Comment