Sunday, February 9, 2014

Life Without Internet

I know I've written about this before, but now I have a different story. I got home from work Friday and went to the computer. The Internet didn't work. I did what any normal person would do. I turned off the outlet that the cable/Internet was plugged into and then turned it on. That didn't work. I then unplugged the modem and router, that didn't work. I called Time Warner and they told me to do exactly the same thing I already did. It still didn't work. I called them back and they said someone would come Saturday between 3-4. I didn't think my cable was working either. I would have to go a day without Internet and cable. I gave up on Internet and worked on fixing cable. I realized cable worked so at least I had TV to watch. The TWC guy came yesterday and said the wiring through the walls to my apartment was awful and he couldn't fix it. He was downstairs working on something for over an hour. He came back up and said that he fixed the poor wires because it was in a spot he could reach and that I shouldn't have any problems anymore. He is a life saver. It's amazing how much we rely on TV and Internet. I would have no idea what I would have done without either for any period of time. I'd probably work on editing my book, which I keep putting off again. That's why I didn't write in my blog Friday. I had no Internet and I had already used a lot of data on my phone and I was running out. Thank God for the TWC guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment