Tuesday, February 4, 2014

More Hugs

As a teacher, you aren't supposed to touch kids at all. There are too many things that could go wrong. It seems as though parents are waiting for teachers to do something wrong so that they can slap you with a lawsuit. I typically high-five kids or give them fist bumps. However, the kids in my new school all need hugs. They will randomly come up to me and hug me. I'll yell at them for bad behavior, then they will hug me. Today, the class saw the substitute who had my class before I came. They all went up ad hugged her, including the new boy who started yesterday and didn't even know her. It's nice that the kids want to be hugged but it's also sad because they might not be getting those hugs at home. As frustrating as teaching can be at times, kids are what brighten up my day and they just need all of the attention and energy I can bring them.

No comments:

Post a Comment