Thursday, February 27, 2014

Panic Attack

About an hour and a half ago, I almost had a really bad panic attack. I was editing my book. I have had the document open on my computer for a long time. It's easier to keep it open rather than to open it up each time I come back to editing it. After each chapter that I make edits, I save it. When I went to do it this time, it didn't work. It said something about it being two different versions of Word. I had to change a setting. I changed the setting and the entire formatting of my book went off. That means I would have had to respace everything I had already spaced. It would have taken forever. I almost freaked out. Then I realized that I only made a few small changes to one chapter. If I closed the document without saving it, and opened it again, it would be fine. I did that, and it still wasn't saving right. I decided to turn off my computer and try again after I ate dinner. I did that, and now the document saves without any issues. I'm absolutely thrilled that it is working properly again. Months of work almost went down the drain and my laptop almost went out the window. I'm so close to being done. I don't need any computer or document issues! I am going to read my book through one more time, then publish it! So close!

No comments:

Post a Comment