Monday, February 10, 2014

Billy Joel Times 3

Yesterday was my third time seeing Billy Joel perform. I would go see him every single day if given the opportunity. He's almost 65 years old, but he can still put on a show! He performed for almost 2 hours. I didn't get home until 12:45 this morning. I am insanely tired but it was absolutely worth it. He played many of my favorite songs. However, since he has so many amazing songs, he left out many of my favorite songs. One notable song he didn't sing was "New York State of Mind". I'm guessing he doesn't sing that song when he isn't performing in New York. I wonder why? He normally finishes with Piano Man. Last night, his last song before his encore was Piano Man. His final song of the night was Only the Good Die Young. He played 22 songs! There were a few songs I didn't recognize and a few that were not his most popular hits. I told one of the workers today that I went to see Billy Joel and she had no idea who he was until I started singing Piano Man to her. She is probably in her 50's. I was shocked she didn't recognize the name right away. Billy Joel is one of the most popular singers of all time. I'd see him again in a heart beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment