Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Saving Resources

Now that I live on my own, I am very conscious that I have to pay for everything. Everyone says that everything is cheaper in North Carolina. That is wrong! My rent and gas for the car are cheaper. Food is about the same and there's a tax on it that New York doesn't have. I won't even begin to complain about how much I paid yesterday to get my car registered in North Carolina, a title, and license plates. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I pay very close attention to the lights being on, water I use, and everything in between. It adds up very quickly. I use a lot of electricity during all of these snow days I have since there really isn't much more I can do. I kept my heat on at 60° for the longest time and didn't touch it to save money. I had to change that today since I was freezing even with a hoodie on. You really don't realize how much it's going to cost to live on your own until you actually live on your own. All I can say is that thank God I had some money saved up for this. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment