Tuesday, July 3, 2012

$18 million

Yes, that's how much money I made today.  Okay, maybe not.  I was just watching the World Series of Poker $1 million buy in event.  First place in that tournament received $18 million.  $18 million!  I can't even begin to imagine how much money that is!  If I had that much money, I would gladly quit my job at the grocery store.  I would keep my job at school and continue writing.  I would not be able to "retire" because I would be too bored.  I would definitely travel all over the world.  I might take a few years off of work to do that.  Maybe by then, teaching jobs will be easier to find, haha, right!  Anyways, it has been my dream for the past several years to play in the WSOP main event.  It is a $10,000 buy in.  Unfortunately, I don't quite have that much money laying around the house.  I wonder if saving all of my change and bottle deposits would ever bring me anywhere near $10,000.  Probably not.  Maybe one day, I will get to enter that event... One day...

No comments:

Post a Comment