Friday, July 6, 2012

Tuesdays With Morrie

I am currently reading Tuesdays With Morrie.  I have read the book several times.  I don't mind reading it again, though.  It is probably one of my favorite books.  I like mine more, of course!  It has such great messages in it.  One of my favorite is to detach yourself from emotions.  Morrie says to feel that emotion, and then detach yourself from it and move on.  That's nearly impossible for me, but something I definitely need to work on.  He also says that life isn't about social status, money, fame, nice cars, etc.  You need to do something you love.  You don't need to be in a rush and always moving on to your next activity.  Slow down, live life, and enjoy the precious moments.  We need to be more reflective.  I can't imagine slowing down the pace of my life.  I love keeping busy.  Speaking of that, I found out I start working again doing more computer aide like things on Tuesday.  I am sad because I have loved my two weeks off.  However, I need the money.  I know Morrie, it's not about the money!  Obviously I am not working my job for the money.  I want to be a teacher, we don't make much.  Then again, I am an author trying to get noticed, if I do get noticed, I can potentially make money.  I had a fun time bowling with friends tonight.  I found a deal where we all bowled 2 games, shoe rentals, and had a soda for $5 a person.  You can't beat that!  My birthday is Sunday.  The festivities begin tomorrow.  I can't wait!  See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment