Saturday, July 14, 2012

Always, Always, Always go with your Gut!

As you know already, I love to gamble.  Today, I made a $6 bet on a horse race.  I had to pick horses in four consecutive races.  I picked a horse in the first race, and then at the last second, I changed it from horse 9 to horse 11.  Naturally, horse 9, which I decided not to use got first.  Horse 11, which I used, is still running.  If I had kept horse 9 in my bet, I would have won $158.  But no, I decided to change my mind at the last second and lose $6.  I have gotten better than I used to be with not picking horses because they have the best statistics.  For example, I used to pick horses that have run 10 times and have gotten 1st, 2nd, or 3rd all 10 times.  Now, I pick them if I feel like they are better than the other horses in the race.  The reason I made the last second change was because the jockey on the horse I changed to was having a good day.  That's a stupid reason to change my pick.  I changed because of a good stat.  I went back to my old ways.  Hopefully I will learn my lesson and never change my pick again!

No comments:

Post a Comment