Monday, July 16, 2012

Something I REALLY need to work on

I'm sure you have noticed that many of my posts can get very negative at times.  Whenever I tell someone that I am a computer aide looking for a teacher job, I tell them that I fully expect to be an aide for the next 10 years.  I need to stop saying that.  Maybe if I weren't so negative, I might possibly get an interview.  It's extremely hard to be positive, though.  When you have 725 people applying for two positions, how can you feel confident you will be selected for an interview?  You have a .3% chance of getting the job.  That's not 3%, there is a decimal point behind that 3.  However, you never know what could happen.  I think if I had a more positive outlook on my job and with life in general, I would be happier in general.  Trust me, I know how lucky I am to have two jobs, live at home for free, and to have ZERO college loans.  I just want more and when I try like hell and nothing comes out of it, it's frustrating.  I have many other things I need to work on.  This will be yet another thing that I will work extremely hard to fix.  After all, someone does ask me how the job search is going everyday.  I can't keep saying I won't get a teacher job for another 10 years or that might actually happen.  Patience is a virtue.

No comments:

Post a Comment