Thursday, April 4, 2013

Advertising Makes a HUGE Difference

My two books were free on Tuesday. I really wasn't expecting them to sell that well because I didn't get a chance to advertise it. I was right. I sold about 100 total between the two books world-wide. I typically only offer one of the books free at a time. When I do that, I normally sell about 200+ books a day. The way I advertise is by tweeting my links to kindle book promoters on Twitter. I also found about 15 websites that will post my book for free on their website on the day it is free. Apparently these websites are viewed by many people because I noticed a huge difference in sales when I started doing this. An author I know has over 200,000 followers. Her book is free today and tomorrow and she has given away well over 5,000 copies today alone. I am nowhere near that. She practically lives on social networks. Good for her. She is very successful. Although of course I love my books and spend a lot of time promoting them, I have noticed that I've been doing much less promoting. I've been putting more focus on another important part of my life, getting a teaching job. That will take over my life the next few months. This is the year I'm getting a teaching job!

No comments:

Post a Comment