Thursday, April 25, 2013

If You Take Someone Out to Eat

If you take someone or a group of people out to eat, would you get mad if they order appetizers and you don't? I read this complaint in the letters section of the newspaper. A couple took out another couple for lunch. The guests ordered appetizers. The people taking the other people out to lunch were not happy because they don't typically buy appetizers. They thought it was rude of their guests to do so since they didn't get appetizers themselves. If I take people out to eat, they can order whatever they want. It would be so awkward if I said, "I'm taking you out to eat, but you can only spend $10. Choose wisely." Who does that? When someone takes me out, I rarely order appetizer, entree, and dessert. I don't want to have that person spend a lot of money on me. However, if someone did that to me, I wouldn't mind because it was my treat. I expect to spend a lot of money. When I took my grandparents out, my grandma ordered a 3 for $9.99 deal because I know she didn't want me to spend more money. Whatever. Whenever she takes me out, she always tells me to order whatever I want. She practically forces me to order dessert, not that she has to twist my arm or anything. Good thing the couple didn't voice their disapproval to the people they took out to eat. That would have been awkward!

No comments:

Post a Comment