Thursday, April 11, 2013

Shhhhhhh

Shhh is the common phrase that teachers and students use to quiet kids down. Does it really work? I always shhh kids, too. Most of the time, it doesn't work well. If one kid starts shh-ing, other kids will do it. Then it gets extremely loud. If kids don't want to be quiet, they won't be. As a teacher, if you tell kids to be quiet and you will reward them, you will always have one kid still talking. When that one kid talks, you will always have another kid shh him or her as loud as possible until the person shh-ing has spit coming out of their mouth. It's pretty funny when it all plays out. In general, shh-ing makes things louder and typically doesn't work. Yet, I still try to do it. If I want to be a teacher, I really need to figure out better techniques for managing my class.

No comments:

Post a Comment