Monday, April 1, 2013

Keeping Old Things

I went through some of my stuff today as I was moving it from wine boxes to more sturdy storage containers. I have a large box of souvenirs and awards that I have accumulated through the years. A lot of it was music stuff and sports letters from high school. I even had many ribbons from getting top 10 in swim races from my club. I read what meet it was. It was the developmental meet, haha. It must have been for the slower swimmers. I found two of my old cruise credit cards. The third card is still in my wallet. I could not find the Carnival card for my first cruise. I am almost positive I didn't throw it out. It should have been in the box with the other cards. I wanted to keep all of my cards so that I can look back on them one day, not that I will ever forget the cruises I've been on. Because I am weird, it has upset me for awhile that I could not find that one card. I'm starting to get over it. It's always fun to look at old stuff. I looked at some stories I wrote my senior year of high school. I was a terrible writer. If you think my writing is elementary now, you should have seen it in high school! I don't know why my teacher gave me a B for the paper I was reading. A fifth grader could have written better than that! On another note, if you haven't bought my first two books yet, what is wrong with you? Just kidding. If you haven't gotten them yet, they will be FREE tomorrow only because it is children's books day. I have done 0 advertising for this because it was a very spontaneous decision on my part. My mom told me earlier today that tomorrow is children's books day so I decided to make mine free. We will see how many people pick up book one and two tomorrow. I'm okay with giving them away for free tomorrow since sales have slowed down a bit. Hopefully tomorrows free day will help pick up the sales over the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment