Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Casual Vacancy

I started reading the new J. K. Rowling book, The Casual Vacancy the other day. For those of you that live under a rock, J. K. Rowling is the author of the Harry Potter series. This is her first "adult" book. I am only about 70 pages into it. It is definitely an adult book. She uses lots of terms that I don't understand. She talks about things that kids certainly should not be reading. I haven't really gotten into the book yet. She hasn't grabbed my interest. She breaks it up into 2-3 page segments. Each section talks about a different set of characters. It can get confusing at times, especially for me since it doesn't take much to confuse me. I plan on finishing the book only because I loved the Harry Potter books. So far, I'm not impressed. It only has 3 stars out of 5 on Amazon based on almost 3,500 reviews! We will see if I end up liking the rest of the book if I ever finish the 500 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment