Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Going out to Dinner

Everyone loves going out to dinner, right? Of course I do. I do it way too often. I go out at least twice a week with friends. No wonder I'm broke and fat! That doesn't help my New Year's Resolution of eating less! Anyway, my grandparents take me out to eat quite often (at least once a month-ish). Tonight, I turned the tables. I took them out to eat for their birthdays and anniversary. They are all within a few months so I just combine them. My grandmother doesn't like when I do this because she doesn't want me spending money on her. That's the least I can do for all they do for me. I take them out once a year, I can handle it, um, kind of. Every guys pride themselves in being able to eat everything on their plates. 99.9% of the time, I eat everything on my plate and then I eat off of other people's plates (people that are sitting at my table, not another table!). Today was the .1% of the time where I was defeated by the food. The amount of food they give you in a diner is insane! I ordered Tortellini Alfredo with Chicken. It came with two sides. I ordered soup and macaroni salad. The sides weren't too big. The mian course, however, was huge! I knew immediately that I wasn't going to even try to finish it. I also had two rolls with dinner and then my grandma gave me her dessert! For the price I paid for my meal, I'm happy I get to eat it again at work tomorrow. All restaurants typically give you a lot of food. All of that type of food has way too many calories, too much fat, sodium, cholesterol, and everything else bad. Going out to eat is so much easier than cooking it yourself, but not as healthy and a whole lot more expensive. Good thing I work out 3-4 days a week! However, that isn't outweighing (no pun intended) the amount of times I go out to eat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment