Monday, April 8, 2013

Timing

Timing really is everything. As you know, my mind is very strange and often has odd thoughts. What if you left your house just one minute later or earlier than you anticipated and something happened? You could be stuck in a traffic jam because you left late. You could get into an accident because you left early. If you are speeding, you could be rushing into a bad situation. It's pretty scary when you think about it. You really never know what is going to happen or when it will happen. That's what makes life so unpredictable and interesting. Of course, the most important part of timing is showing up to wherever you are supposed to be on time. Unfortunately, you can never plan for traffic, unexpected construction, or other delays when traveling from point A to point B. I thought about that while I was driving over 350 miles this weekend. Lots of cops were out looking to meet their quotas even though it's the beginning of the month. Luckily they never stopped me for being on cruise control at 73 miles an hour. Our lives are run by the clock, not so much a watch anymore. Everyone just grabs their cell phone to check the time. I'm one of those weirdos that still has a watch. Remember, timing is everything. Now it's time for me to watch a basketball game. I don't care who wins the championship because my bracket was dead after the sweet 16...

No comments:

Post a Comment