Friday, April 19, 2013

The World We Live In

The world we live in is truly a scary place. What I watched tonight was like a scene from an episode of 24 (even though I've never seen 24) or a movie. I know everyone is probably saying the same thing I just did. I don't care. That was intense. Everyone thinks that something like that could never happen in their home town. Unfortunately, you don't know that for sure. As much as you try to predict what happens in the future, you won't know until an event happens. Naturally, the suspects were quiet kids that no one thought would set off bombs. Yet, they did. I was amazed at how fast this all progressed. I didn't think they would identify the bombers for weeks. Then they would have to search for them, etc. The technology they used to get pictures of the bombers must have been incredible. I hate to say this, but I feel like this isn't over. I have a feeling these 2 low-lifes were part of a group. I hope that they can get information out of the suspect they caught. I am also amazed they got him alive. I hope he stays alive even though he is in serious condition so that he can give us information and then rot in jail. With all of the events that have happened over the past few months, I fear the future. I don't think it's going to get any better. As an aspiring elementary teacher, a school shooting is always in the back of my mind. I can't and don't have the attitude anymore that it can't happen to me. Clearly, it can and does happen anywhere. That's a horrible way to look at it but unfortunately it is true. We shouldn't always have to be on high alert. Why can't we all just be friends! Outstanding job to every police officer and other officials involved the last few days. It was a huge success to catch those (expletives). Stay safe everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment