Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Remembering my grandmother

3 years ago on this date, my dad's mother, my grandmother, passed away at the age of 75. Her 75th birthday was April 5th of that year (2010 for those of you who can't do math, haha). She spent that day in the hospital as well as the rest of her life. She died a very weak lady due to an infection. However, that's not the way she lived her life at all. Unbeknownst to me until after her death, she is the one that came up with the idea to open a liquor store. I always thought it was my grandpa's idea. It was something she wanted to do to keep busy. Well, over 40 years later, that liquor store is still family owned and up and running. She was very proud of that store and is definitely thrilled that it's still opened with "regular" customers. My grandma was a thoughtful, yet strict woman. She sometimes had different beliefs and ways of doing things than other people. That didn't matter to any of her grandchildren. We still loved her dearly. Whenever I would tell her about college and how I was doing, her face always lit up to show how proud of me she was. She would have been so excited to meet her first great-granddaughter who was born two days ago. Unfortunately she will never get the opportunity to meet her. I can't believe it's been 3 years already since she passed. I think about her often and will continue to do so. Lives come and go, but memories last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment