Saturday, June 8, 2013

3 Different Winners

Another disappointing day of betting the ponies for me. I thought Orb would be primed and ready for this race. When you think about it, a 1st, 4th, and 3rd when running three races in 5 weeks isn't bad at all. However when you win the Derby, you have much higher expectations. I was shocked that the Belmont track was listed as fast. The track had almost 4 inches of rain yesterday. It was listed as sloppy all day during yesterdays races. Then this morning it was upgraded to muddy. Then it went to fast. The Belmont workers did an outstanding job to get the track in excellent condition for today's race. I did not expect Palace Malace to run well. I thought he would be mid pack and then fade backwards, yet he won the race. Revolutionary didn't run a good race. Orb had his late push, then was obviously too tired to run past any horse at the end. Handicapping races like this is so challenging. I failed to do so correctly once again. On to the next race...

No comments:

Post a Comment