Monday, June 17, 2013

June Jamboree

Today was our schools annual field day. I'm glad the rain held off until the kids were gone. Unfortunately, I did not get to go in the dunk tank this year. A few weeks ago, I told the guy in charge that I was interested in doing the dunk tank again. He told me he would put me on the list. I checked the list this morning and I wasn't on it. Oh well. It was a day full of fun activities and lots of playing around. We started by throwing balls at the dunk tank and going on the bouncy bounce. When I say we, I really mean the kids in my group. Then we went inside to do some arts and crafts. After that we had recess. I played basketball with the kids. It was like 5 of us against 30. I still have ringing in my ears from the kids screaming the persons name for the ball. Whenever someone gets the ball, every kid will call that name until (if) they pass it. "John! John! John! John! John! John!" More than likely, they won't pass it and they will be a ball hog. After that, I had a break as I dropped the kids off at cooperative activities. The gym coaches were in charge of that. Then they all got to plant flowers in the garden. We had tug of war after that. Teachers were able to try to beat the 3rd through 6th graders after destroying grades K-2. I was the anchor. Unfortunately, I slipped and fell on my sunburned back and cost my team the contest. I'm a failure, haha. My group didn't get to eat until 1PM! I survived though because they fed me pizza so it was all good. We had 1 hour early dismissal today. The kids were gone by 2. Only three more days left of school for the year. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment