Saturday, June 29, 2013

Drivers License

Out of the five people in my family, I was the only person to pass my drivers test on the first try. I find that absolutely hilarious since I am the one with the most accidents by far. With my first car, I once rubbed up against another car pulling out of a parking spot and then drove away...oops! There was a dent and a scratch in my car when I checked it out later. I don't know what damage I caused to the other car. Another time with that car, I was at a red light and was nailed in the back by a car. It was snowing and the roads were slippery. There was a small crack in the back, we didn't report it. Only one month after getting my second car, a truck backed up into the front of my car. I couldn't get it fixed for a two months because they were extremely busy with other cars first. A month later, before damage from the first accident was fixed, I was on cruise control on the thruway during heavy rain. I hydroplaned, hit the brakes, lost control and nailed a guard rail. My airbags came flying out and the front of my not even two month old car was a wreck. Of course it was a used car, but still. On the bright side, I was okay and no one else was involved in the accident. My mom was not happy at all. I was supposed to visit a friend in Pennsylvania later that month. That didn't happen. Luckily the car wasn't totaled. A year later, I was at a red light minding my own business. All of a sudden, I was hit pretty hard in the back of the car. It turns out that car 1 was going so fast and not paying attention. Car 1 hit car 2, who hit 3, then 4, and I was car 5. I didn't move very far forward, so I didn't hit car 6. I ended up having that Honda for a total of 4 years before buying my 3rd car. So far, no accidents in this new car, knock on wood. My last accident was summer 2009. My total from my driving is 5 accidents, 3 of which were reported, 2 were not. I'd love to keep my total at 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment