Thursday, June 20, 2013

Successful Graduation

I have been working in this district for four years now. I have attended the graduation at the current school I'm working at 3 of the four years. In 2010, I substitute taught the 6th graders a lot at this school. I decided to go to their graduation since I knew the kids pretty well. The computer aide was in charge of showing the graduation slideshow. It's a DVD of pictures of the graduating kids. It took her awhile to get it working. Parents in the gym patiently waited a few minutes for the DVD to start playing. In 2011, I did not go to the graduation. Last year was my first as a computer aide at this school. I was in charge of showing the slideshow. I watched it a few times before to make sure it worked. It had no problems. Of course during the graduation, it decided to skip about 45 seconds of the pictures. I was so embarrassed since I was in charge of showing it. Unfortunately there was nothing I could do about it. Luckily each kid gets this DVD so they can watch it at home and see their picture if it skipped them during the graduation. I wasn't given the DVD for this years graduation until yesterday. I watched the 12 minute show two times yesterday. In both times, it worked no problem. Naturally this morning, I had a little anxiety that it would mess up like it did last year. What if my computer freezes? What if the projector doesn't turn on? What if the speakers stop working? What if the DVD won't play at all? These are real fears that I have every time I set up a projector and laptop for an event at school. I set up projectors for events frequently. Of course I don't show my fears on the outside. Luckily today, everything went smoothly! The slideshow played with no problem and everyone loved it. Another year has come and gone. What will next year bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment