Wednesday, June 5, 2013

End of Newspaper Club

Today was the last meeting for the year with my newspaper club students. Because I'm awesome, I made them chocolate chip cookies, brought in popcorn and juice, and we had a small party. They devoured the cookies and popcorn. I had maybe 16-17 kids there today. I was pretty upset when they left. I have to admit, it's not because today was the last meeting. It's because only 3 or 4 kids thanked me for the treats today. That's sad. I try to teach my kids manners whenever they are in my lab. I spent time and money to make those cookies and get the other food for them. I didn't have to do that. All I wanted was a simple, sincere thank you from each of the kids. I don't think that's too much to ask for. On another note, there were a few fifth graders that have told me they will be back for newspaper club next year. I told them that I'd do newspaper club again if I am working as a computer aide again. I'd be pretty upset for them if I do not come back next year. Then they won't have a newspaper club. I know they are looking forward to doing it again next year. Everyone is always asking me what I'm doing over the summer and next year. My response is that I have no clue. That's a true story. I keep applying to teaching jobs. Shockingly I have applied to about 15 in the area. I didn't expect there to be any openings at all. If I don't get any jobs that I applied for, I will keep my job as a computer aide. For the summer, I could be working at the grocery store or doing tech cleanup like I did last year. I have no idea yet. One thing is for sure, I thought that newspaper club was a huge success overall this year. The kids had a lot of fun and wrote some excellent articles are year long. For that, I am very proud of them. Until next year...maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment