Sunday, June 23, 2013

Tom Petty

I just got back from seeing Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers for the 5th time. The opening act was The Wallflowers. They were okay. I only knew two songs that they performed, One Headlight, and 6th Avenue Heartache. They played for about 50 minutes. Tom Petty played for about two hours. I have to say, tonight was probably my least favorite Tom Petty concert out of the five. He sounded lethargic to me. My mom thinks otherwise. He also played a lot of songs that I didn't know. I know a lot of his music. He didn't play my favorite song, You Don't Know. He played my other favorite song, Free Fallin', but very slowly. He stopped singing a lot to let the crowd sing the lyrics. I know a lot of performers do that. However, while he was doing that, he just looked tired and like he didn't want to sing. I know he's 62 years old and 11 is probably way past his bedtime, it's past mine too. That's no excuse for not putting on a good show. He did a three song encore like he always does. The last song he sang, as he always does, was American Girl. We started walking out as he played that song so we could beat the traffic, and we did! Maybe the next time Petty comes to SPAC and I go see him I will be more impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment