Friday, July 19, 2013

48 Years

My dad's liquor store has been open for 48 years. That's incredible! My grandpa opened the store sometime in 1965. It moved to its current location in 1980. My grandpa sold the store to my dad in I think 1999. I have absolutely no interest in taking over the business. I've been hearing a lot about family businesses closing because of tough economic times. My family is very lucky that my dad's store is not one of them. He has a large group of regular customers that keep him in business. Unfortunately, they are all older and eventually die off. Because it's a wine and liquor business, people flock to it more in tough economic times. I have no money, let me drink! That's oddly what happens. My mom suggested to my dad that he should do something special for the 50th anniversary in 2015. I think that would be a cool thing to do. 50 years is an incredibly run for a small business!

No comments:

Post a Comment