Sunday, July 14, 2013

People Staring at Car Accidents

On my way home from Turning Stone last Sunday, there was a car that was smashed against a tree. The traffic buildup wasn't terrible at that point. However, it was slowing down. It was obvious that people were staring at the scene. It reminded me of another time I was stuck in traffic. A summer or two ago, a visited a friend. She lives an hour and 50 minutes south. It took me over three hours to get there. Why? There was an accident on the opposite side of the road! The accident happened heading north on the thruway while I was going south. I obviously didn't know this until I passed the crash. There was a bus pulled over on the side of the road. People were staring at it. Once we passed that mess, we were fine! Are you kidding me? If you stare at an accident, you could cause another one yourself. I live in New York state. People are always in a hurry here. Therefore they shouldn't have time to stop to look at accidents. I can't believe I was delayed an hour one day because people stopped to stare at an accident on the other side of the road. Unreal. People need to pay attention to the road and not stare at other accidents so that they do not cause any themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment